Before Christmas RSPB the UK’s largest nature conservation charity joined forces with the UK’s leading green service provider, idverde, to hold a thought-provoking conference at London’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to discuss building biodiversity and climate resilience into urban greenspaces.
The event saw professionals from a range of industries come together to share practical and affordable solutions to communicate what is already possible and discuss what new innovations the landscaping industry can develop to address biodiversity loss and climate change. The conference heard a number of presentations covering a range of issues including:-
- integrating biodiversity and climate resilience into housing developments
- creating and retrofitting Sustainable Urban Drainage systems
- green roofs
- wildflowers and nature recovery
- how to use imaginative maintenance approaches to foster biodiversity on estates
- biodiversity and climate change at the large scale Thamesmead development
The presentations are available below.